Skip to main content

At Colorado Mesa University, we are here to assist you in pursuing your educational goals. Whether you've never attended college, you've completed some college or even if you have a degree but want to pursue a new career — we can help!

Why should I finish my undergraduate degree?

By enrolling at Colorado Mesa University, you may be able to earn your degree more quickly and save money while doing it because of the resources and programs we offer to adult students. Our dedicated team will work with students looking to complete their degree to make sure credits from previous schooling* transfer. Having credits transfer generally means students will need to take fewer courses, which keeps money in your pocket and allows for more time outside of the classroom to balance work and family obligations. Earning a degree can also lead to a better quality of life. Bachelor's degree recipients, on average, earn 51.6% more than individuals who have some college but no degree.**

*From a regionally accredited school
**Data compiled by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) in 2017.

Academic Programs

CMU offers a wide variety of academic programs and degree options. Explore our programs to find one that you are passionate about.

Credit for Prior Learning

We recognize you may have gained college-level knowledge and competencies through your work and life experiences which can be incorporated into your academic programs. You may be eligible for Credit for Prior Learning.

About Credit for Prior Learning

Adult Student Info Session

Learn more about CMU’s academic programs, admissions requirements, transferring college credits, paying for college, military benefits & services and other resources available to CMU students.

Register for a Virtual Session

Admissions Requirements

Before exploring requirements for admission, make sure you know what type of student you are.

You are a transfer student if you attended a community college or four-year college/university other than CMU/MSC.

You are a returning student if you attended CMU/MSC for at least one semester, left more than one semester ago and are returning with or without potential transfer credit.

You are a first-time student if you are attending college for the first time, regardless of your age, even if you took college classes in high school.